The well-being of our employees, farmers and dealers is right now our top priority, so we are taking precautions to protect your health. Until further notice, all face-to-face training classes scheduled at the AGCO Future Farm, Zambia have been cancelled.
In the meantime, we encourage you to register your interest to attend future classes using the ‘register interest’ button under the corresponding course. As soon as we are up and running again, we will be sure to reach out and let you know.
Alternatively, we would encourage you to explore our online courses and take a class online in the comfort of your own home.
SHORT COURSE PROGRAMME Class Training
To establish a successful cropping system, we must understand our soil. In this module we look at soil texture, soil quality and how to manage our soils. We will learn about different cultivation systems and their impact on soil quality, seedbed preparation and planting. We will explore soil compaction, soil erosion and soil organic matter content and will review the impact that all of the above have on crop production.
KEY CONCEPTS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Preparation of the seedbed and the sowing & protection of emerging, young seedling
- How to achieve the optimum population of healthy plants
Identifying major soil types and how to assess their potential for crop production
- Different cultivation systems & their impact on soil quality, seedbed preparation & planting
- Soil composition, soil erosion and soil organic matter content
- Identifying crop types and how to assess their potential for crop production
- The essentials for establishing key crops & how soil structure and composition affect this
- Using farm machinery and mechanisations safely to successfully establish a range of crops
Dr Benard Ngwene
Agricultural Advisory Manager, Africa
In defining mechanisation solutions for smallholders and emerging farmers in Africa, Benard is the perfect plant and soil scientist to help improve agricultural practices for the smallholder farmers; helping them to improve their production processes sustainably. Presenting the short course programme, he is delivering high-quality knowledge in agronomy and AGCO-based mechanisation to empower Africa’s next generation of agroentrepreneurs
Register your interest